Celebrating the Past, Securing the Future, Honoring the Legacy: A Tribute to the MSU Women's Resource Center
Dear Friends & Colleagues of the Michigan State University Women’s Resource Center:
The Michigan State University Women’s Resource Center (WRC) has been providing services to the campus and Greater Lansing community for over 24 years. It is with great pride and an open mind that we have embarked on the next phase of the WRC legacy. At the close of the 2015-2016 academic year, the WRC was incorporated into the new WorkLife Office at Michigan State University. This transition has been in the works for several years and we look toward the future with optimism and dedication to continuing to serve our campus community.
Celebrate the Past: As we packed decades of history into University Archives boxes, we celebrated the many contributions the WRC has made in advancing the lives of women and educating the community about gender justice and social justice issues. From the programs, conferences, workshops, and seminars to resource referral, consultation, student organization advising and educational initiatives, we are proud of the work we have accomplished.
Secure the Future: As anyone in the line of gender justice work will tell you, the work is not over. Gender and social inequity still persists in our culture and on our campus. Women remain marginalized in many arenas, especially for those who navigate the world with additional marginalized identities. We are confident the work will continue, in order to create a brighter future for the next generation.
Honor the Legacy: The MSU Women’s Resource Center has been committed to creating a climate that advocates for gender equity, values inclusion and provides resources to the MSU community. We believe the legacy will continue on through you, our supporters, and the work that we will continue to do as the new WorkLife Office.
You can visit us in our new office, Linton Hall, Suite 118, call 517-353-1635, and email email@example.com. All staff personal phone lines and email addresses will remain the same. We look forward to connecting with you at the WorkLife Office.
For students seeking information about:
- Women’s Initiative for Leadership Development (WILD), including the Women’s Leadership Conference, please contact Krysta Coleman in Student Life (firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-355-8286)
- Services/information about gender diversity and/or transgender identities, please contact the LBGT Resource Center (email@example.com or 517-353-9520)
- Academic or interview requests regarding gender inequality, gender justice, etc. can be directed to the Center for Gender in Global Context (GenCen) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-432-4845
- All other inquiries can be directed to the Division of Student Affairs and Services’ main line at 517-355-7535
- All gender (specifically woman/female) related services can also be directed to the Women’s Center of Greater Lansing, which is a community-based resource (email@example.com or 517-372-9163)
If you are unsure where to obtain information you are seeking, you are welcome to contact Lydia Weiss (previously the Interim Director of the MSU Women’s Resource Center) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-353-1635 for guidance.